Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tutorial on Making a Wall Paper Shoe

Gather your supplies:
wall paper shoe ( available in my Etsy shop also )
glue ..I like clear tacky glue
ribbons , lace, buttons , embelishments of choice
Various papers .. I use crepe paper
German glass glitter
thread & needle

Next , if you want to have a gathered crepe paper trim , add that first ! Gather with needle and thread , then glue on the backside.
Hold into place with a clothespin while it dries !

Next I cut out of brown craft paper ( or you can use any kind of paper) the same shoe design , and hand stich it all around the shoe , leaving the top of the shoe open

Next comes the fun part of embelishing your shoe.. I took a small piece of wired edge ribbon and made a circle ..squishing it and glued it to the top !

Next I added some teeny tiny lace along the top of the shoe to finsh off the raw edge and added some pearls for embelishment !
If you want to be able to hang your shoe you can make a loop out of ribbon and attach (glue) to the top of your shoe!If you want to add glitter , I brushed some decopodge medium to the edges of the crepe paper and dusted with silver german glass glitter! Stunning !!

Next I made a tag to insert in the top opening of the shoe ! You can make your own tag , or use a purchased one.

Insert your tag in the top of the shoe & you are done !!! Fun to attach to a gift , use as a card or hang in a special little spot !! You can add text to the shoe for a statement for a friend or yourself . The creating is the fun part !


newcreationart said...

Thanks for sharing! I really like the addition of the glass glitter.

I found you through CAST on etsy.

Heidi ( said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing! I hope to have time to make one (or two, or three...a girl can never have enough shoes!)!


Annabelle said...

Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to do the same with some of my crafts when I get a chance....maybe my dragonflies????

Kristin said...

I love this tutorial! You are too cute!

SweetAnnee said...

Oh cute cute cute!!
love it..