Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vintage Repurposed

Thought I would share with you a little treasure I repurposed ! I have had this vintage wood silverware holder for quite awhile , it actually was one my mom used ......many years ago ! I kept it because I knew some day I would have to repurpose it into something ! So here it is !

Some of my favorite things , love vintage silverware ,wood spools and birdhouse's ! I created a little banner at the top with the word "FAITH" .
You may be able to see a close up of the lace above the vintage spoon , love that piece ! I made a simple yet rustic cross and placed in an old wood spool ! The edges are covered with tape from Tim Holtz , love using that stuff !

The verse for the inspiration :
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for ,
the evidence of things not seen.

                                                        Have a fabulous & creative day !


LuLu Kellogg said...

I really love this! How wonderful that your Mom used this. Soooo special!


Kathy said...

Love it, and we all need that don't we, Faith!

trisha too said...

This is really lovely!!


Barb said...

Oh I love this soooo very much! Very vintage appearance!
I have some lovely boxes I want to do similar things day...vbg

A Scrap-a-Teeny Girl said...

LOVE this!! I have been wanting to pick up some old drawers & do something similar! :D Becky