Sunday, April 13, 2008

Class




Last week I spent the afternoon at a home for troubled girls. It is a home for girls that have either been in trouble with the law or problems at home . I was asked to share some crafts with them as it was their spring break and it would help break up the long days for those that were there .

I decided to make some magnets and necklaces. Something that young girls can use ! I started with bottle caps and glass marbles , they could make these into either a magnet or necklace , using an image and other finds and sealing it with Diamond Glaze. Also had the dominoes and wood scrabble pieces that we also put various images and colors on and topping off with the diamond glaze again for a finished look to their art projects. Photos are of some of my examples I had brought along. They all seemed to enjoy the afternoon of creating and was just as much fun for me to share with them !

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are all so great. Good job,and what a great way to share something creative with others!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

My daddy always told me to keep my hands busy. He said busy hands were happy hands. I think it was his way of keeping me busy. I think creativity is important in keeping kids happy and doing constructive things. You should be proud! Maybe you are helping to encourage a different route for some young girl! You may very well be a blessing to some sweet young girl along the way.
Barbara

Mrs.Kwitty said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day--you are such a blessing to those girls. Not only did you share you talent and skills with them, but your time and love--which probably made more of an impact on them than anything else. God Bless!
Smiles, Karen

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

I bet you amde a fun day for the girls! As always I love all your work. These are all so pretty!

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Beautiful!

John Dyhouse said...

Love the bottle tops and dominoes, had a brief interlude with these some time ago, after being shown one or two. I have been saving collecting them ever since but never got aroud to using them. Seeing your art has made me want to get them out and start creating - an inspiration, thanks - John