Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Postcard Journal Book

I received my Postale Tags  ( the larger size 6 1/4" by 4 1/8" ) , from Altered Pages ! I have always had a "thing" for tags , I love making them and using them for many things !! I loved the size of these , and the "weight" , I thought to myself, perfect for a small journal !! I think it could be used even as a "special" card for someones birthday !! So I got out my papers & paint !!  I cut a piece of paper as wide as the postcard and about 2" wide , this is how it will be held together !

I used a scalloped edge scissor also , and after I glued it to the postcard I distressed it with a blending tool and ink. Gluing the whole book together this way !
After my book was all assembled I used stencils that I had and  mist paints or use any kind of paints you want for your backgrounds.
I aged some pages again with ink and a blending tool , I like an aged look !!
This is what the page ended up looking like !
I used some die cuts , a clock from Altered Pages Collage sheet , and stamped the text on clear acyclic from a package ( recycle )  ! More pages to follow,
Rubber stamps and vintage papers,
More stamps and a die cut chair and sweet little birdie from an Alterd Pages collage sheet.
The cover of the book( the very first photo )  is from a stencil that I misted on and added embellishments such as a paper doily that I also misted and glued , then stamped the cover with various stamps , added a die cut butterfly that was glittered and some leaves, and an adorable little image from Altered Pages! I use a pen for outlines and doodles& of course some pearls & rhinestones !! A quick little book to make to journal some thoughts for yourself or for a friend !If you have any questions feel free to email me , there is an email link on the right side of my blog !
Have a fabulous and creative day , hope I have inspired you today to create something !

7 comments:

June said...

This is the sweetest little journal. Just beautiful!!!!

Ingrid Vient said...

Fantastic! I really really love it! I love all the details and techniques you used. You certainly have inspired me!!

Becky Voth said...

It really is wonderful!!

Terry said...

Fabulous journal! Great design all the way around! Happy Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Hello
I am also an Unruly and just read your recent post at the Yahoo Group.
Adore your Blog which is why I am a new Follower.
This is gorgeous.
Wishes
Lynne

2amscrapper said...

gorgeous work here--so glad you found us at Unruly Paper Arts! Helene

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this great project- I am an Unruly girl......love your blog!!! I am off to check out more here....!