Monday, August 2, 2010

Somerset Home

Went to my mail box today and waiting for me was the new Somerset Home magazine !

It is full of so many wonderful and creative art works ! And was so thrilled to have two of my things featured ! One was a repurposed ( it seems like everything I do is repurposed ) wood container done in vintage sheet music papers .

And also one of my Altered Wire Dress Forms in the gallery.

I have been working and working on trying to get inventory made for the up coming Junk Fest ! I am so thankful , my sister in law is taking my place tomorrow so I can have the whole day off to work on things ! Everyday I go over to my parents to help care for them , we also have a live in caretaker for them but I go for the afternoons and also make them there dinner every evening . They are 90 and 98 , so they are doing good considering there age !
The posted photos are of some magnets I made out of buttons ! I have lots and lots of buttons , I think they look like candy ! In the Somerset Home there is an article by Roni Berg with button magnets too ! BonBons , a great term for the little delights !


signsoftimensuch said...

I love your things! So awesome you ended up with two in one magazine! So glad to hear your parents are doing ok! I know how hard it is and my mom now can hardly walk...praying for all of you! Hang in there! hugs, cheryl

TinyBear said...

Congrats on the feature - that is so great news. It´s a wonderful mag.Haven´t got my copy yet - can´t wait to see.
~ Tina

Kath said...

congrats, I'm dying to see the magazine! Well deserved, everything you make is just precious :)

haruoriginals said...

Congratulations! Your work is very beautiful and I'm happy to see it featured in a great magazine.

Beth said...

Glad to have you in the magazine Eunice! You're a delight. Hope to work together again soon.

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Congrats on being featured, that's terrific!

I think it's just great that you still have your sweet parents, and that they still have each other. :-)

Have a great week!

Elyse said...


what an especially love issue to be a part of!


Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Congrats on being in the COOL! Hope you have a FUN weekend:)


Blissitydoodah said...

How sweet to be in Somerset!
I love the caddy. You know when I sit with my elderly family members I feel so happy, like I'm at the feet of Jesus. It is a sweet time (hard and tiring, but sweet :)

Prior said...

How cool! Great features..I love buttons!

Maybe, we need to start a blog for our bachelor boys, hee hee.


LuLu Kellogg said...

I just got my copy and saw you in there!! Congrats!!! I love my little dress form I bought from you last's still one of my favorite pieces and it stays out year long.


Uniquely Myself said...

Hi! It was so nice to hear from you. See you are still creating such beautiful things. Congratulations on being published. I too love working with vintage sheet music. Sandra

Elyse said...

i just treated myself to this beautiful publication. warmest congrats on your features -- they are AWESOME!!!