Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tiny Lamp Re-Do




I have had this lamp forever , my sister gave it to me many years ago because she didn't want it . It has been one of those things always thinking ... need to re-do that lamp ! Well I finally did! It was a gold and I painted it with a Nickle spray paint, had to take the lamp apart to do which is easy. Also covered the shade with a burlap type fabric that I had stamped on . It is on an antique sewing machine, that sits at the bottom of my steps ( I live in a split level home) so is a dark area and hard to take a photo , even if there is a light above it. The sewing machine was my grandmothers, my dad is 96 years old , so that probably tells you that this sewing machine is also old ! Oppps , guess that would include me too !
Hope you enjoyed looking at my little re-do and sorry for the bad photos! Have a fabulous day !
Will be posting this on The Shabby Chic Cottage also !

6 comments:

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

We just love how it turned out!!! Just simple details that make a big, big difference! Great job, Eunice!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Eunice, this is fabulous! What a huge difference it made and I love the shade.

LuLu~*xoxo

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I really love how your shade turned out! The script with the fleur de lis is just what I like!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty - love the stamping that you did on it.

pk @ Room Remix

Vicki said...

Sweet! I love taking something that has sentimental value but doesn't quite fit and turning it into something that's just perfect!

Thespa McLaughlin said...

What a cute blog you have here. I found you through flickr. I'm going to add a link to you on my blog. Have a happy day!