Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Soups On !


Now that the days are starting to get colder ( I am so not looking forward to winter ) I love making a big pot of soup ! Soup has been one of my most favorite menu choice's ! I had recently purchased a Goose Berry Patch Christmas 2009 book ( because there were several recipe's in it that seemed so yummy ) so last evening I made the Wild Rice Soup ! Mmmmm good !


Wild Rice Soup

1/2 cup wild rice

1 lb. bacon

1 C. onion, chopped

1/3 C. green pepper, chopped

3/4 C. celery, chopped

2 14-oz. cans chicken broth

2 10 oz. cans cream of mushroom soup

4 oz. can sliced mushrooms

1 pt. half and half


Wash wild rice thoroughly ; then, boil for 15 min, drain, rinse and set aside.
Cut bacon into 2 inch pieces and fry until crisp in a large Dutch oven. Remove bacon from pan and discard all but 3 tablespoons of drippings. Saute' onion,celery,green pepper in bacon drippings until onion is transparent. Add rice, broth, soup, mushrooms and bacon. Cover and cook over low heat for one hour. Before serving pour in half and half and heat. Makes 10 cups !
Have a blessed day !!!



2 comments:

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

That sounds delish!!! I might have to try it!!!

Vanessa said...

This sounds sooooo tasty Eunice!! I guess its a good week for soup ha ha. It is still in the 90's here so its not too fall like just yet but I want soup!! ha ha. I am going to have to try this. God bless you!