Monday, December 28, 2009

Cherished Treasures !


I thought I would share one of my cherished treasures that I have had for many years ! This sweet little pocket watch ! At the age of 16 my grandmother came over from Norway by herself , hard to believe isn't it , can you imagine letting one of our children leave home at that age let alone to another country! But it was one of the possessions that she brought with and had her initials EH on it ! When I turned 16 ( few years ago ... ha ha ) she gave it to me because at that time my initials also were EH ! Not long after that she passed away.So it is a little treasure that I will always cherish !

8 comments:

Sheila said...

That is a beautiful treasure. I can relate to it also. I have my Grandfathers RR watch. He worked on the RR back when RR's were in full swing. He was a line switchman, and walked the tracks. HIs CB handle was Trackwalker.. lol.. I think it is so wonderful to have things that were so much a part of someones life that we love so dearly.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

How lucky you are to have that treasure and the memories of your brave Grandma! Yes, life has changed a lot...it's amazing the kind of things a 16 year old did back then!!

Beth said...

I'm loving your blog and Flickr pictures! Please submit to Somerset Home. I'd love to have you involved. I mentioned your beautiful work on my blog today because I was so inspired. Hope to be in touch with you soon. Happy Holidays!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Awww.... what a wonderful treasure. And it truly is!

Art by Darla Kay said...

What a beautiful treasure you have! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, it's GREAT to meet other ND bloggers!!
I'll be back :)
Darla

Unknown said...

The watch is beautiful ~ and what a lovely story to go with your heirloom!

René said...

What a touching story. Just love hearing about treasures and the meaning behind them. Thank you for sharing this.

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Oh, what a beautiful keepsake! How I wish I had something as preciouis as this as a reminder of my grandmother. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of your heritage.