Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Very Shabby Wreath


This is a wreath I made several years ago , made from two frames I had ( oh dear , just one of the many things I collect) ! So , I painted the frames in a creamy tone and distressed them slightly. Then I gathered up some various greens I had , and this is a trick I use to make my greens have a "snowy " look !
I use Plastic-Kote Fleck Stone spray paint ( I used Alabaster) and I ever so lightly spray my greens till I get a dusted look on them .
Let your greens dry and then gather together with wire and secure the greens on the frames. I also added a sheer ivory ribbon and a glass prism for some sparkle ... gotta have some sparkle ! I like to have one frame tillted to add interest , but you can position your frames in any order you like then all you need to do is hang ! I am linking this with A Soft Place To Land , and also at Mustard Seed Creation's Furniture Feature Friday ,so check out all of the other links for a lot of ideas for the Holiday's and more !

4 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Eunice...you have the most wonderful ideas! I love this shabby wreath.

Thanks for the info sweetie!

LuLu~*xoxo

Sheila said...

WOW that is a great idea. I will have to remember this. It looks so soft and it realy does look like a frost onit.

Tammy said...

Looks great - thanks for sharing your secret.

tammy

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Very cool and unique project. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing it with us!